Maria

I just finished this book today and I have to say it is one of the best that I have read in a long time. Right now I am wishing I hadn't finished the book. I want more of the characters and I want to know about where they went!

Dancing in the Lowcountry centers around Ella a mature, widowed woman who is entering the time of her life when her children start to doubt she can take care of herself. She has a companion who is a full blooded Cherokee Indian and the two of them take off for Myrtle Beach for a respite and some self introspection. Ella plans to give her oldest son some long hidden news and gets sidetracked when she learns that he is seriously ill. She meets and older gentle man at the genteel Priscilla and a touch of romance ensues. Ella slides back into her past looking at the choices she has made and how they have defined her life and she uses that to determine how she can stop losing control over her life now.

I loved everything about this book from the characters, to the locations (I believe I am truly a sucker for the lowcountry), oh my the food!!! (Bless this writer for his superior grasp of that part of the subject, I was drooling)This book itself was a slow dance, a romance of life if you will and how the decisions you make, even as a young adult have ripples even into the evening of your life. Heartily recommended! A wonderful read, it is hard to believe that A) it was written by a male and B) it is his first published book of fiction!
0 Responses

Post a Comment